Are you looking for a new and interesting dish to add to your dinner rotation? Then you need to try smoked and fried Korean pork belly. This dish is flavorful and satisfying, and it’s sure to please even the most discerning palate. Plus, it’s easy to prepare, so you can have a delicious home-cooked meal on the table in no time. So what are you waiting for? Give smoked and fried Korean pork belly a try today!
Pork Belly is one of the tastiest and diverse proteins you can make. I love to make burnt ends, bacon or just some smoked pork belly that we eat as a snack. Here, I decided to have some fun by doing the same smoking process but then I decided to fry it for a little extra tasty experience. It was a huge success! Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Smoked and Fried Korean Pork Belly
- 1 (6-8 pound) slab of pork belly skinless
- Use your favorite pork seasoning
- 1 pound Bacon
- 1-2 cups corn starch
- Canola cooking oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup Gochujang
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- ½ cup Water (you can do 1/4 cup at a time, make sure its to your personal constancy you like)
- Start off by cutting your pork belly into 1-2” cubes. Make sure they are fresh out of the fridge, it makes it easier to cut while the meat is cold.
- Once they are all cut into cubes, place them in a large bowl and season generously with your favorite pork rub. From here, set up your station for wrapping them in bacon.
- While your bacon is in its package, slice a 1/4 of it off. You want the bacon to wrap and fit the pork belly cubes evenly. Once you wrap it with bacon, use a toothpick to keep it in place. Repeat this process until they are all done.
- Set your smoker up at 250 degrees with applewood for smoking.
- Once the temp hits, add the pork belly. I like to use a wire rack to place them on. It makes it easier to place on the smoker and to remove when finished. Be sure to add a drip pan under the pork belly.
- While they are smoking, make your Korean sauce. In a medium-sized sauce, bowl, add the ingredients (Gochujang, honey, soy, rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, water and chili powder) and whisk until it all has come together in a smooth sauce form.
- When your pork belly reaches an internal temp of 150 degrees, remove them from the smoker.
- Have some canola oil waiting for frying at 325-350 degrees. Now toss each pork belly cube in corn starch and then fry them in batches of 2-3 for 2 mins, or to the crispiness you desire.
- Once fried, place on a wire rack to let the oil drip and then add to a large sauce bowl. Add the Korean sauce and toss.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe, look no further. This smoked and fried pork belly is perfect for any occasion. And if you want to switch things up, feel free to try out different marinades or dipping sauces. We promise you won’t be disappointed! Have you tried this recipe? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.
Did you enjoy this smoked and fried pork belly? You’ll love my other pork recipes in the link below!
Items Used In This Recipe