Is there anything better than pizza? No, there isn’t. That is why these smoked chicken pizza sliders are the perfect party food. They are easy to make and everyone will love them. Plus, they are perfect for a game day snack! You can customize them however you want, so they will be perfect for your party. Let’s get started!
These Smoked Chicken Pizza Sliders are a must make for dinner nights or even snacks prior to an event of hosting. I love the smokey flavor and wanted to spatchcock a chicken and allow the apple wood smoke to come through when you bite into the sliders. You will love these sliders and now… Let’s get to the recipe!
Smoked Chicken Pizza Sliders
- 1 4-5 lb Whole chicken spatchcocked
Chicken Dry Rub
- ¼ cup Lemon pepper
- ¼ cup Seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 Roll Slider buns
- Pack of basil
- 2-3 cups Mozzarella
- Pizza sauce
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Of the chicken dry rub
- 4-6 cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Pickle juice
- ½ cup Hot sauce
- -Start off by prepping the whole chicken and spatchcocking it. Remove the backbone and then flip and cut into the breast bone and flatten it out. Season the bird underneath and on the skin side.
- -In a large bowl mix in the buttermilk, hot sauce and pickle juice. Add the spatchcock chicken and seal with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- -The next day, dry the chicken and wash off the buttermilk bath. Now season underneath with the chicken dry rub and then under the skin and on top of the skin.
- -Have the smoker set and rolling at 300 degrees and add the apple wood chunks. Smoke until your bird reads 160 degrees.
- -Remove from the smoker and break the chicken down and chop all the dark meat with the white meat. Place in a mixing bowl and season with the chicken dry run.
- -Cut your slider roll in half and place the Bottom buns in the aluminum foil pan.
- -Build the sliders in this order, Pizza sauce, basil, mozzarella and then the shredded chicken. Add the top buns and butter the top buns with a butter mixture of the chicken dry rub.
- -Place in the smoker at 375-400 degrees for 12-15 mins, or when the buns are nice and toasted.
- -Remove from the smoker and serve!
- -Enjoy with family and friends!
Ready to try this amazing smoked chicken pizza slider recipe? We promise it won’t disappoint. The best part is that you can easily customize it to your liking.
With such a versatile dish, we know you’ll love these sliders just as much as we do. So go ahead and give them a try – we guarantee they won’t disappoint!