There’s nothing like the smoky, sticky taste of barbecued ribs. And these Spicy Hoisin Glazed Smoked Ribs are some of the best around. They’re cooked low and slow on the smoker, then coated in a delicious hoisin sauce that’s packed with flavor. Whether you’re an experienced pit master or just starting out, these ribs are sure to be a hit!
These are the best ribs I have made to-date! I made everything from scratch using items that are easily accessible from your local grocery store. From the dry rub to the hoisin glaze, you will be making this recipe often for family dinner nights or hosting some good friends for an awesome night of bbq.
Spicy Hoisin Glazed Smoked Ribs
- 3 Slabs Baby Back Pork Ribs
- Mustard as a binder
- Hickory wood chunks
- 3 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Spicy Hoisin Glaze
- 1 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Peanut sauce
- Start off by prepping your ribs and removing the membrane on the back of the ribs. At this time make your dry rub by adding these ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Brown sugar, chili powder, kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, cumin, dry mustard and cinnamon. Mix with your hands, it's what works best.
- Apply mustard on the backside of your ribs and on the top, this is going to be your binder. Now season the backside of the ribs and the top. Leave the ribs to sit for 45 mins in room temp.
- Fire up the smoker with apple wood chunks, set for 250 degrees.
- When the smoker hits 250 degrees and add the ribs bone side down.
- After 1 hour and 45 mins begin to spritz with apple cider vinegar, spritz every 45 mins to 1 hour.
- At the 2 1/2 hour mark begin to make your Spicy Hoisin Glaze.
- Over a medium heat add a saucepan. Now add the hoisin, light brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha and peanut sauce. Let simmer for 6-8 mins and let cool for 5-10 mins.
- When your ribs feel probe tender glaze with the Spicy Hoisin Glaze you just made. Apply as much, or as little, as you want. Let it smoke for an additional 25-30 mins to let the glaze set and remove.
- Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve the ribs as you desire and enjoy with family and friends!
Now that you know how to make Spicy Hoisin Glazed Smoked Ribs, it’s time for you to try this recipe! We promise that you and your guests will love the delicious flavors and tender texture of these ribs. If you have any questions or comments about this recipe, please let us know in the comment section below. Thanks for reading, and we hope you enjoy making these smoked ribs at home.
Did you enjoy these Spicy Hoisin Glazed Smoked ribs? You’ll love my other pork recipes in the link below!
Items Used In This Recipe