Sliders have taken the population by storm as of late. Mainly because you can create so many variations of sliders. My family makes sliders once a week at a minimum. They are convenient and smaller portions that work for my kids, family or get-togethers.
These Tex Mex Beef Sliders are by far the best recipe I have made so far. I used chuck roast so it took some time to smoke and braise it but other than that the prep was easy and the flavors were simply delicious! I used a chili packet, beef onion packet and a few extra ingredients for the flavor.
You can do this with the smoker or the oven, I prefer doing it with the smoker so I can form a bark, this is the seasoning on the outside mixed with the smoke that forms a delicious outside layer of flavor. I always take this approach before I add any of my proteins into the dutch oven for braising.
Okay, let’s jump into the recipe!
Tex Mex Beef Sliders
- 1 4 lb chuck roast
- 2 cups Crispy onions store bought
- 1 pack Slider buns
- Mexican Queso Cheese shredded
- Duck fat as a binder
- 3-4 tbsp Your favorite beef rub
- 1½ cups Beef broth
- 1½ cups Water
- 1 pack Chili seasoning mix
- 1 pack French Onion seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp Roasted garlic bouillon
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 Whole onions sliced
- 1 can Rotel tomato green chilis
- Start off by slathering the chuck roast with duck fat, this is a binder and then season generously with your favorite bbq rub. Let the meat sit out for 30 minutes while seasoned.
- Fire up the smoker and set the temp at 250 degrees F. Add hickory wood chunks for your smoke.
- Add the chuck roast and let it smoke for 3 hours. Enough time to build a deep mahogany bark.
- In an aluminum pan add these ingredients: Sliced onions, smashed garlic cloves, roasted garlic bouillon, 1 can of tomatoes with green chilies, chili seasoning mix, French onion seasoning mix, water and beef broth. Add the chuck roast to the pan and cover with foil. Place it back on the smoker and let it braise in the juicy goodness for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the chuck roast from the pan and place it in foil inside a cooler. Let rest for 30 minutes. Strain the juices from the solids into a pot.
- Shred the beef and add 1 cup of the braising liquid with it and mix.
- Build the sliders: Shredded queso cheese, shredded beef, more cheese and then the crispy fried onion chips.
- Place in the oven at 400 for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with family or friends!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS TEX MEX BEEF SLIDERS RECIPE? YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES IN THE LINK BELOW!
Items used in This Recipe