One of my favorite burgers to eat and make is the Juicy Lucy’s! They are stuffed with anything you can imagine and always satisfies my appetite. This version of the Juicy Lucy is stuffed with my homemade Bacon Jam and Colby Cheese, it is simply incredible. Juicy, oozy and cheesy is what you will get every time!
I first heard of a Juicy Lucy on TV, from a restaurant in Minneapolis (where they claim it originated) and my eyes were glued to the TV! I couldn’t believe it took me till my adult years to ever see anything like this! Two separate patties that are forged together with cheese in the middle, this was genius!
I instantly made one and fell in love, knowing that I could do better, I am now far beyond hundreds of them being made. This is what led me to create the Bacon Jam Juicy Lucy! You can definitely mimic this recipe (highly recommended) or put your own creative spin (this never hurts) on the stuffing.
Okay, let’s get to the recipe!
Bourbon Bacon Jame Juicy Lucy
- 2 lbs Ground chuck 80/20
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Brioche buns
- White American cheese
- Colby jack cheese
Bacon Bourbon Jam
- 6-8 Strips of hickory bacon
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Maple vinegar (Red wine vinegar is substitute)
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ cup Onion diced
- 3 cloves Minced garlic
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp Sweet relish
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- Start off by prepping all of your ingredients for the bourbon bacon jam. Get your cast iron skillet over medium heat and toss in the bacon (I like to cut it into cubes for cooking). Crisp all of the bacon and remove, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes and add the garlic. Cook for an additional 5 minutes and add the bourbon, honey maple vinegar and brown sugar. Whisk and let it thicken, about 6-8 minutes (it could be a few minutes extra). When it becomes a jam, place it in a bowl to the side and let cool.
- Create 3-4 ounce burger balls and smash them down into patties. Fill with a tablespoon of the bacon jam and a slice of Colby jack cheese. Take another patty and place it on top and work it together to form a single thick patty. Repeat this process until they are all made. Place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Make your burger sauce. In a small bowl mix together mayo, ketchup, mustard, sweet relish, hot sauce, and garlic paste. Place in the fridge till needed.
- Keep the grill fired up for direct grilling, toss the juicy Lucy’s on and grill for 5-6 minutes and flip, repeat for additional 5-6 minutes (be sure to turn 90 degrees halfway point). Have an indirect zone set up and move the Juicy Lucys over to it and close the lid for an additional 15 minutes. Check the temp at 160 degrees F. Internally add the White American Cheese.
- Toast the buns and add the sauce to the top and bottom buns.
- Assemble in this order, Lettuce, the juicy Lucy, and topped with the tomato, salt the tomato.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
DID YOU LOVE THIS BOURBON BACON JAM JUICY LUCY? WELL, YOU’LL LOVE MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES! CHECK THEM OUT IN THE LINK BELOW!
Items used In This Recipe
Leave a Reply