Cajun Hot Honey Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches are crunchy and spicy, which makes for a perfect meal at dinner!
Pork Chops are lean and tough, meaning they are tasteless. So, any time I make them at the house they always get fried to perfection, right before I sauce them for extra flavor. My favorite sauce recipe is the Cajun Hot Honey. There is something about the spicy sweet sauce that gets balanced out with the homemade cajun sauce that gets complete with the crunch of the fried pork chop.
CAJUN HOT HONEY FRIED PORK CHOP SANDWICHES
The first thing you want to consider is the pork loin you will use for this cook. I like to find one that is about 4” thick in diameter and boneless. Once it is cut into chops and pounded out thin it is the perfect ratio for the buns of the sandwich. Now that the pork loin has been selected, cut them into pork chops that are about 1/3” thick.
Put down plastic wrap over the cutting board on the prepping station. Place each cut pork chop on the plastic wrap with about 1 1/2” separating them and place another sheet of plastic wrap on top of the pork chops. Using a meat mallet, pound them out until they are thin and even. Remove the plastic wrap and season the pork chops with cajun seasoning.
PREPARING PORK CHOPS FOR FRYING
Prepare all of your stations for frying the pork chops. There are three stations and they are as follows:
Step 1) Prepare the all-purpose flour station. Add All Purpose flour in a pan with these seasonings mixed in: Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Mix with a fork.
Step 2: This is the egg wash station that consists of 3-4 eggs beaten.
Step 3: This is the bread crumb station that consists of 1 1/2 cups of Italian bread crumbs.
Now that the stations are prepared it is important to have your frying station ready. Place a 12” cast iron skillet over medium heat and add lard for frying. This is a shallow fry, meaning you only want about 1/2” of frying oil. Make sure the oil is at 375 degrees and then begin the breading of the pork chops.
Add the pork loin with a dry hand into the all purpose flour and coat it generously with the flour. From here, place it into the egg wash and use the wet hand to make sure it is coated evenly with the egg wash by giving it a few flips. Transfer the pork chop into the breading station and using your dry hand add the bread crumbs and press them onto the pork chop.
After each pork chop is breaded, place them onto an aluminum sheet until you are ready to fry them up. Typically a 10-15 minute wait is good.
Add 2-3 pork chops into the lard and fry for 3-4 minutes. When the time expires, flip them and repeat frying for an additional 3 minutes. They should be golden brown, from here place them on a wire rack to rest.
MAKE THE CAJUN HOT HONEY SAUCE
Cajun Hot Honey sauce is simple to make with only a few ingredients. Place a saucepan over medium heat and add hot sauce, garlic paste, honey, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, butter and cajun seasoning. Let it simmer for 6-8 minutes and let it cool.
Add each pork chop to the pot and sauce them one at a time. Place them back on the rack and prepare the buns for assembly.
Prior to assembling the sandwich, it is essential to make the sauce for the bun. It is made up of mayo, horseradish, dijon mustard, hot sauce, sweet relish and cajun seasoning. Whisk it up and place it to the side.
Time to assemble the Cajun Hot Honey Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches. It starts with the. Toasted buns, sauce both buns with the sauce we just made, pepper jack cheese on the bottom (toast it), one cajun hot honey pork chop, another slice of pepper jack cheese (toasted again) and another fried pork chop patty. Close by putting on the lid and serving!
Cajun Hot Honey Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches
- 1-3 lb Boneless pork loin
- 3-4 tbsp Cajun rub
- 24 oz Lard for frying
- 1 pack Brioche buns
Cajun Hot Honey Sauce
- 1 cup Hot sauce
- ⅔ stick Unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
Cajun Sandwich Sauce
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp Sweet relish
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3-4 Eggs for egg wash
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Cayenne
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- Start off by preparing the pork tenderloin by removing all hard fat and silver skin. Now slice the tenderloin into chops that are about 1/3” thick. Place them on the prepping station and pound them out so they are thin and even. Season the thinned-out pork loins with cajun seasoning.
- Make the cajun sandwich sauce by mixing mayo, sweet relish, cajun seasoning, hot sauce, horseradish and dijon mustard in a medium mixing bowl. Mix to be consistent and place in the fridge.
- Prepare the breading stations by following the ingredients and above. Now bread the pork chops in this order: All purpose flour, egg wash and then breading. Place on a wire rack and prepare the lard for frying.
- Use a 12” cast iron skillet and place it over medium heat with enough lard to give it a 1/2” depth of frying liquid. Get the lard to 375 degrees.
- Add 2-3 chops in the oil for frying and fry for 3-4 minutes and then flip and fry for an additional 3 minutes. You want the bread to be a nice golden brown color.
- Make the Cajun Hot Honey Sauce by getting a saucepan over medium heat and adding hot sauce, butter, honey, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cajun seasoning, and garlic paste. Whisk and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the fried pork chops into the sauce and coat them generously. Place back onto the wire rack and it is time to assemble the sandwich.
- Assemble the sandwich by sauce both buns and then a slice of pepper jack cheese (torch it), fried pork chop, followed by pepper jack cheese (torch it) and then another fried pork chop. Close the lid and serve!
- Enjoy with family and friends!
A hot honey pork chop sandwich is sure to tantalize your taste buds with its savory, sweet, and spicy flavors. This indulgent sandwich starts with a juicy and tender pork chop that’s coated in a crunchy, golden brown breading before being generously drizzled with a delicious concoction of hot honey sauce.
Spice levels can be easily adjusted to suit personal tastes, and various toppings such as lettuce, tomato, and pickles can add even more flavor! This versatile dish is perfect for any meal – lunch or dinner – and it’s an excellent way to use up leftover pork chops or give a dull sandwich some zing. Why not try out this unique creation today?
We hope you’ve enjoyed our Cajun Hot Honey Fried Pork Chop Sandwich recipe! These sandwiches are delicious and satisfying meals that is sure to become a new favorite. The combination of spicy, sweet, and savory flavors is truly irresistible. Whether you’re serving these sandwiches for dinner or lunch, we’re confident that they’ll be a hit with your whole family. If you have any leftovers, they make a great snack the next day too! We hope you’ll give this recipe a try and let us know what you think in the comments below. Happy cooking!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS HONEY GARLIC SURF N TURF RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES IN THE LINK BELOW!
Items used in This Recipe