When it comes to grilling steak I believe in getting the best quality for what you can afford. For me, I always go with bone-in ribeyes! I get them at least 1” thick and go for good marbling (quality). This is where I just simply log in to my Crow Cow ( https://www.crowdcow.com/grillnation ) and go to the search bar and type in “Bone-in Ribeye”. Yes, it is that simple and you will need to enter your address so they can locate the best quality to send to your doorstep! I ordered this Father’s Day (Enter the same link here) box and it arrived within 3 days. The packaging was sharp and the steaks were fresh and frozen. All I had to do next was decide what I wanted to make with them, Chipotle compound butter is what came to mind! Now, we will jump Into the recipe, let’s get to it!
Bone-in Ribeye With A Chipotle Compound Butter
- 2 Bone-in Ribeyes
- 2 tsp Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tsp Coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Mexican smoked paprika
Chipotle Compound Butter
- 8 oz Softened, unsalted butter
- 1 Chipotle pepper seeded (add some adobo sauce, optional)
- ½ Shallot diced
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- The first part of this process is to thaw out your Bone-in Ribeyes you got from Crowd Cow https://www.crowdcow.com/grillnation This takes about 6 hours.
- Once thawed, make the compound butter. You want the butter to be room temperature, or soften, about 1-2 hours left out. From here you place the butter into a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients (Chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, shallots, salt and pepper) and mix together for 4-5 mins. You want it to have a good blend. Now get some parchment paper, or plastic wrap, and place it on the table. From here place the butter in a log shape on the butcher paper. Now you roll the butter into a tight log and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Set your grill up for direct grilling. You want the heat to be searing temp, 500-550 degrees.
- Spray some duck fat( https://amzn.to/3xgZzWa ), on the ribeyes on both sides and then season generously on all sides with salt, pepper, garlic and Mexican smoked paprika.
- Place the steaks over the hot coals (it takes about 15 mins for your coals to be active) and then turn 90 degrees after 2 mins. 4 total mins in and flip and repeat the other side. Once you flip, add a tablespoon of your chipotle compound butter on top of the steaks. Remove after 4 mins and let rest for 6-8 mins. This should be a perfect medium-rare. Use a meat probe to make sure your temp is ideal for your liking.
- Slice and serve!
- ENJOY WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!