Picanha is definitely my favorite cut of beef I have ever had. The meat is so flavorful and you can make it in a variety of ways. Here, I put a slit in my piranha and stuffed it with a bacon, onion, pepper and cheese combo that was amazingly tasty. Let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 3lb Picanha
- Your favorite bbq beef seasoning
- ¾ White onion diced
- 1 Whole green pepper seeded
- 1 Whole red pepper seeded
- 2 Blocks of cream cheese
- 1½ cups Mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ lb Bacon
- Start off by prepping all of your ingredients for the cream cheese stuffing, make sure to have your cream cheese sitting out. You want it at room temperature. Place a skillet over medium heat and add your bacon. Crisp it all up and then chop it into bacon bits.
- Add the onions in the bacon fat, be sure to drain some of the bacon fat out. About 5 mins in add the garlic and peppers. Cook them down until they are translucent, about 12-15 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl have your cream cheese in it and then add all of the bacon, onions, peppers and cheese. Mix well and then place to the side.
- Get your picanha and find the widest/thickest section and use your chef knife to make a slit in the center. I like to start on the far right side, making sure the back of my knife is facing the right edge, and then start making my slit. You want to create a large pocket that is the same depth as the piranha. Once this is done, seasoning generously with your bbq seasoning.
- Have your grill fired up and sear off the fat cap and the bottom for about 2 mins per side. Remove and let rest for 5 mins and then stuff the core with the cream cheese mixture. Once stuffed, use wooden skewers, about 3-4 inches in length, and place them on the edge sealing the top and bottom of the open slit. Use kitchen shears to cut them down so the piranha can lay evenly.
- Smoke at 350 degrees for about 40 mins, or an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees.
- At an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees remove the piranha and let rest for 12-15 mins.
- Slice and serve for friends and family!
Did you enjoy this Stuffed picanha recipe? You should check out my other beef recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe
Leave a Reply