Are you looking for a new and interesting way to cook salmon? If so, you’ll want to try this jerk salmon with bourbon honey glaze. It’s easy to make, and the end result is delicious. Plus, the flavors of jerk seasoning and bourbon honey glaze pair perfectly together. So if you’re looking for a tasty new salmon recipe, be sure to give this one a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Jerk is most famous for being used on chicken… But, WOW, does it go great with salmon! When I started to formulate this cook, I decided to go to the next level with making the Bourbon Honey Glaze that elevated the flavors to new levels! I am pumped to share this recipe with you! Okay, let’s get to it!
Jerk Salmon With Bourbon Honey Glaze
- 1 3 pound arctic salmon
- 3 tbsp Your favorite jerk seasoning
Bourbon Honey Glaze
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Honey ginger soy sauce (bought online)
- 2 tbsp Jerk seasoning you used on the salmon
- Water (only if it gets to thick for your liking)
- Start off by making sure all of the small bones are out of your salmon by using tweezers to pull them out. Now season with your favorite Jerk seasoning.
- I like to use the three-finger thick method, place three fingers (width) on the filet and that is how thick you want to cut your filets. Be sure to make sure you trim the belly, you do not want to keep that attached because while you are cooking that thinner section will overcook before the thicker section is done.
- Fire up your grill, I like using charcoal and place a flat top cast iron griddle on top. Add 2 tablespoons of duck fat and let it heat up to 500 degrees.
- While the griddle is coming up to temp, make the bourbon honey glaze. On a medium heat, surface add a saucepan and then add all these ingredients, bourbon, honey, soy, ginger paste, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, and jerk seasoning. Whisk together and simmer for 4-6 minutes. Set the temp on the lowest setting and let cool. Add water if it thickens too much.
- Now the cast iron is hot, place the salmon filets skin side down for 3-4 mins. Flip and blacken the top of the filets for 2 mins. Now sear the sides for 2 minutes each and place back on the skin. While on the skin, glaze with the honey bourbon glaze.
- Remove and serve on a bed of Asparagus or rice.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
Jerk salmon is a delicious and healthy meal that you can make at home in just a few simple steps. The bourbon honey glaze gives the fish a sweet and smoky flavor that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion, and I’m sure you will love it as much as I do. So what are you waiting for? Give this jerk salmon with bourbon honey glaze a try today!
Did you enjoy this jerk salmon recipe? You’ll love my other fish recipes in the link below!
Items used in This Recipe
Leave a Reply